Melting Glass & Design into Function and Beauty! - CLICK ON EVENTS FOR CLASS INFORMATION AND EVENTS
RSS

Recent Posts

Challenges balancing my art and my real job......
Special Event Plates and Bowls
New beginnings.....

Categories

In the beginning
New Releases!
powered by

My Blog

New beginnings.....

OMG!  I am so excited to start this business with you in mind.  I started out just like you.  Attended a 2 hour session in a friend's garage.  That's all it took!  I was hooked!  I had done lots of stained glass over 20 years ago and then life happened.  My tools were all put into storage boxes and they followed me through life.  Now with two wonderful boys now grown, and two step sons and grandson's later, this is all happening through the love and support of my wonderful husband.

My love of glass has always been there.  It just hasn't been able to resurface until now that I feel most settled in my life.  I'm now 52 and lovin' the life I've created with my husband John.  I work a full time job from home - from our 20 acres in the Washougal River Gorge.  We moved out here 4 years ago and love the seclusion and beauty of nature that surrounds us.

We built a huge shop when we moved out here and without any questions asked, he built this beautiful studio for me.  I can't help but want to share it with you.

Looking forward to sharing my love of glass with you and allowing you to express your artistic element!

21 Comments to New beginnings.....:

Comments RSS
jackie on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:11 PM
Do you serve coffee or tea ? Do you have polka dot glass ? Do you have Kermit green or Miss Piggy Pink ? Inquiring minds want to know. We are proud to say we know you... keep up the inspiring work Shirls. Doug wants to make a sconce for each side of our bed with the triumph logo :) Love to you, j and d

Shirley on Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:24 PM
Yes Jackie, I do serve coffee, tea and snacks! And I'll even serve wine if I can get a group of 4 or more women to my studio for an evening event!! Next time you're in town!!

Karrie Kaiyala on Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:12 AM
Your work is amazing! I can tell you first hand, once you've decided to go for it nothing will stop you. You are glowing and it's about time, my friend.

Marian on Friday, June 07, 2013 7:06 AM
What a creative side of life. I'm so excited for you to be able to immerse yourself in something you so love....God bless and go for it! We'll be up one of these days to visit.

Shirley on Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:33 PM
You're welcome to come out anytime. Just call first. And bring a few friends and we'll make it a party!

Janelle Brown on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:00 AM
I'm very happy to hear about your art glass studio. I've wanted to work with glass for many years, but didn't have the means. Your right, life does happen! Funny thing, I've had an incredible need to craft and be creative lately. Maybe it comes down to me time.. but I look forward to trying your craft class. Thank you!

china shop clothing online on Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:32 PM
E-commerce B2C product sales totaled $142.5 billion, 4 representing about 8% of retail product sales in the United States. 20 The $26 billion worth of clothes sold online represented about 13% of the domestic market, 21 and with 72% of women looking online for apparel, it has become one of the most popular cross-shopping categories.

kostenlose Wett Sites on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:29 PM
Gerade merken 1 wichtig Faktor auf alles bis schliesslich Einkommen in Ihre / Konto dann die gewagte Versprechungen Ansprueche gemacht mit der Beratung Anbieter gerade , dass genau. Top bewertet im Web bieten Ihnen viel von Moeglichkeiten .

Try THESE Guys Out on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:08 AM
Heute , Wetten ist weitgehend gesteuert und ausserboerslichen den ganzen Weg hinunter zu a Mindestbetrag Buehne . Es ist wirklich ein weiterer Koeder die wird die Ursache Sie gross erhebliche Verluste und es ist nicht wert wuerdig das Gluecksspiel.

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on Monday, September 01, 2014 12:11 AM
Thanks for sharing the whole information with us.

Event Organizer In Jaipur on Monday, September 01, 2014 12:11 AM
Great post, what you said is really helpful to me. I agree with you anymore.

strony internetowe on Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:58 AM
When enhancing the condominium lights should take How to decorate a functional hall

Tad Tackett on Friday, October 24, 2014 7:11 AM
Nice blog, you have some very useful stuff for your website visitors to relish. Good luck with it, thankyou, Terry Tradesman.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:39 PM
Buchmacher - das Sportwetten ist einer der gehoert zu den Schwergewichten in der Offshore-und Wettangebot fuer was good tolle Boni. telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:36 AM
Oben im Internet versorgen Sie mit viel von Loesungen. réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:51 AM
Absolut sicher viel , sie scheitern bis beschaeftigen sich mit . réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

Plumb on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 7:19 PM

anonymous on Saturday, December 29, 2018 5:20 AM
good
Reply to comment

international-benchrest.com on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 7:00 AM
Although it’s a new beginning but gradually once you are in a field you can learn a lot about new things.Just keep sharing more stuff.Thank you so much.

papersplanet on Saturday, January 26, 2019 1:40 PM
OMG! I am so excited to start this business with you, New wave fitness is a wonderful blog and massage chair is very helpful for this purpose. I have read this post and have collected lots of information about painting on it so thank you so much for sharing such great info.

custom writing review on Saturday, February 02, 2019 2:03 PM
life does happen I ve had an incredible need to craft and be creative lately. Maybe it comes down to me time.Thanks for sharing the whole information abut the business..